Here’s sharing three tips that will help tremendously…
1) Stabilize your child’s schedule
2) Teach independence
3) Emotional preparation
Here’s a list of some age appropriate picture books which I’ve recommended to many parents and have read to my own boys when they were about to start kindergarten.
1) What To Expect At Preschool by Heidi Murkoff,
2) Kindergarten Rocks! By Katie Davis,
3) Off To Kindergarten by Tony Johnston,
4) Countdown to Kindergarten by Alison McGhee,
5) Kindergarten Countdown by Anna Jane Hays.
Bonus tip : Teaching children to handle separation anxiety.
I’ve written a whole chapter about it in my parenting book entitled ‘Cool Stuff Your Parents Never Told You About Parenting’ under chapter 3. Click here to read it for free.